- One-of-a-kind custom knife scales from Bradford Hunt Design - each individually hand-crafted and of the highest quality.
- The scales you see pictured are the exact scales you will receive.
- Minimum usable dimensions: .36 x 1.2 x 5.93".
- Urethane Resin: Professional quality Alumilite brand resin cast under pressure to eliminate bubbles. Crafted for durability, urethane is colored with dyes and shimmering mica powders and can then be polished to a high luster for a spectacular finish.
- Distressed Aluminum Honeycomb: Easily worked with ordinary shop tools and securely bonded at the metal-resin interface through a unique 5-step etching process. Each piece is cut and set by hand to form unique, eye-catching patterns.
- Stabilized Wood: Domestic and tropical hardwood burls are vacuum stabilized with thermosetting acrylic resin, rendering them stain-resistant and dimensionally stable. Dyed or 'natural', the stabilizing process brings the wood grain to life, revealing its rustic charm. Naturally occurring voids or bark inclusions can be easily filled with epoxy or CA glue.
Although photographs can't truly capture the subtleties of the wood grain or shimmering resin, I do so without resorting to filters or other enhancements. Before polishing the scales can appear 'dull' so they are sanded to 220 and coated with a glycerin solution to simulate how they will look when finished. What you see is what you get - if not, they can be exchanged or returned; no questions asked.
These scales are unfinished and ready for your custom knife project. Construction notes are available at https://bradfordhuntdesign.com
There's a reason my name is front and center at Bradford Hunt Design, and that's because I personally make every set of scales that goes out the door and I stand behind everything I make.
I genuinely care about your satisfaction. If you're ever unhappy with the scales or encounter any issues during construction, I'll do everything possible to work with you and make it right.
Proudly made by hand in Columbus, Ohio, USA